Are you doing your research to compare auction software pricing, trying to find the best product at the best price? As you’ve probably noticed, it’s not “apples-to-apples”? Let’s get real….It’s more like every kind of fruit, but still in the fruit family! There are a lot of auction fundraising platforms out there and they all have their own way of doing things. This makes it extremely difficult to truly compare products and, I’m sure you would agree, learning the hard way isn’t an option.
Here’s our best advice.
Obviously, we are biased and believe BidCoz is the best product, offering the most features, and has the best cost/price versus value on the market. But, we won’t focus on that here. We will however, add a note to let you know how we compare, if you don’t mind. ?
When it comes to features, these are the basics to look for:
- Campaign web page – Where you send supporters to learn about your organization, event, register, view your auction catalog, buy tickets, make donations, etc. Make sure it looks professional and can be branded for your organization.
- Online and Mobile Auctions – Most platforms offer both. But, does it look the way you want it too? Offer features like maximum (automated) bidding, buy it now, fixed priced items, etc. Is the mobile version online or an app that has to be downloaded? An app adds an unnecessary task and complication for your participants.
- Bid Sheets and Live Auctioneer – If you are planning to have one or both of these options, make sure the platform can easily accommodate. Printing bid sheets and adding winning bids should be easy.
- Check-in and Check-out – It should be easy to check guests if you sold tickets or not? Guests should be able to checkout on their mobile phone or, if you required a credit card in advance, for you to check them out. Plus accept cash and checks.
- Reporting – Make sure you can download all data into a spreadsheet format. This can then be manipulated by you to create unique reports, if you need them, use to mail-merge thank you or donation letters, and import into other platforms you may use like a CRM.
- Other Stuff – The software platform may offer other options that are kind of “bonuses”. Like sponsor ads, email marketing, contact management, donations, paddle raise, raffles, leaderboards, etc. Depending on what you need, these can add something extra to your event but generally cost more.
BidCoz offers all of the above and more!
Ease of Use
This is an area that can be vastly different between software companies. Companies that have been around for a long time might have a big following but also outdated technology that isn’t as easy to use. Newer companies may not have software that has been fully tested and full of problems/bugs. Make sure you checkout both what your user’s will see on the front-end and how you will manage the campaign/event on the backend. There’s only one way to find out and that’s to start a trial. If a company does not offer a trial, and won’t let you experience their software prior to purchase, I would be very suspicious and steer clear of them. (What do they have to hide?)
BidCoz: Take a look at BidCoz to compare. We offer a 14-day free trial, no cost, obligation, or credit card required. Start a Free Trial
- Flat fee. The Pros: Pay up front, know what your cost is, and don’t concern yourself with added costs later on down the road. If you raise more or less you pay the same amount. The flat fee is generally based on your needs and features. If you need less, you pay less. The Cons: You pay up front and, if you host a very small event, even the lowest flat fee level could be outside your price range.
- Signup fee + percentage of sales. The Pros: If the Signup fee is low, and if you host a small event, cost may be minimal. The Cons: If the Signup fee is high, it may make the software out of your price range before you even start selling.
- Percentage of sales only. The Pros: If you host a small event the cost may be minimal. The Cons: If you host a very large event the cost can be quite high.
- By Quote. The Pros: If you host a very large event, or multiple events a year, and need a high level of support and/or customizations, then getting a quote is a good option. The software company can learn what your needs are and tailor the program specifically for you. The Cons: A software company that does not show their pricing at all, and requires every customer to speak with a salesperson and get a quote, you should steer clear of. The reason is because the salespeople are on commission, can be very pushy, and will quote as high a price as they think you will pay.
- Other Questions to ask: Are you paying for a single campaign/event or do you have a time limit on when you start and end your campaign? Do you have access to the data after the campaign is over? Do you have a long period of time (like a year) to host one or more campaigns/events, giving you plenty of time and the flexibility to do as you like? If you spread the cost of the software out over a longer period of time and/or more than one event, the value is better.
BidCoz: BidCoz pricing is very competitive and is based on a flat rate, tiered by the features you need. If you host a very large event, or multiple events a year, then we quote. We do this so we can get to know you better, understand your needs, and supply you with a package that is awesome. We don’t have any pushy salespeople – WE PROMISE! We actually like to chat by email, if that works for you.
Checkout BidCoz Pricing
OH! This is SUPER important! Let’s not forget that BidCoz also offers a Recover Fees Option, which allows you to pass along an “application fee”, as well as, the credit card processing fees, to your buyers. Depending on the size of your event, BidCoz could be free or mostly free when your buyers help you pay for the services. Can’t beat that!
We hope this helps with your research and you’ll take a look at BidCoz in the process. Good luck! and we hope your next event is AWESOME!